March 9, 2010
Ginataang Octopus Ingredients:
1 kilo octopus
3 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 tablespoons chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
3 pieces bay leaf
1 cup gata (coconut milk)
1/2 teaspoon siling labuyo (chili pepper)
salt to taste
Ginataang Octopus Procedures:
1. Precook the octopus in water for 20 minutes over high feet. Set aside to cool.
2. Slice the octopus into desired sizes. Remove the beak.
3. In a pan, heat the oil then saute the garlic, onions, and tomatoes until tomatoes are very soft.
4. Add octopus and bay leaves. Saute for 2 minutes.
5. Pour in coconut milk and bring to a boil.
6. Add siling labuyo and season to taste.