March 26, 2011
Ginataang Monggo Ingredients:
1/4 cup monggo
5 cups (approx.) water
1 cup fresh, canned or frozen corn kernels
1 can or 1 pkg. coconut milk
1/2 to 3/4 cups white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
Ginataang Monggo Procedures:
- Toast the monggo in a wok or heavy skillet until brown.
- Cool and roll in rolling pin to cut them in halves.
- Add the toasted monggo with the rice so they will cook together.
- They’re kind of tough so you will need to cook the lugaw a bit longer.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and you have ginataang munggo or what Kapampangans call Lelut Balatung and Lelut Mais for the other.