August 1, 2008
Ginataang Alimasag Ingredients
1/2 kilo fresh alimasag (talangka or crablets)
1 cup thick coconut milk
2 cups thin coconut milk
4 pcs jalapeño pepper
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
2 tbsp ginger, minced
6 pako (fern) leaves and stalks
salt to taste
Ginataang Alimasag Procedure
1. Wash crablets thoroughly with tap water. Drain.
2. In a saucepan, put thin coconut milk. Add jalapeño pepper, garlic, onion and ginger. Let boil.
3. When the cream is boiling, add pako leaves and stalks.
4. Simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes. Stir to prevent sauce from clotting.
5. Pour in thick coconut milk. Add crablets. Simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce becomes thick and oily.