March 3, 2010
Fried Tahong Ingredients:
30-50 pieces tahong (mussels)
1 thumb-size ginger
6 tablespoons chopped garlic
4 tablespoons chopped onions
3 tablespoons grated ginger
1 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions or parsley
4 pieces siling haba (finger chili), chopped
1/2 cup butter
salt and pepper to taste
Fried Tahong Procedures:
1. Place the mussels in a pan with ginger and enough water. Cook for 15 minutes or until shells open.
2. Remove the meat from the shell then chop finely.
3. Put the chopped meat in a bowl and mix with garlic, oinions, ginger, flour, eggs, spring onions, finger chili, and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Fill shells with this mixture then deep-fry in hot oil.
5. Serve with sauce of vinegar, chili and garlic.