August 10, 2010
2 tbsps cooking oil
3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
5 cups water
3 tbsps cooking oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, minced
100 grams pork casim, cut 1/2 inch cubes
1/4 kilo shrimps, shelled and minced
2 cups shrimp juice
1 small carrot, cut julienne strips
1/2 kilo soft ubod, cut julienne strips
1 small head cabbage, cut julienne strilps
Spring onion for garnish
1/4 cup cornstarch
2/3 cup condensed milk
2 chicken cubes, dissolved in
3 cups water
1 cups vegetable drippings
1 small head garlic, crushed
To make lumpia wrapper:
1. Prepare wrapper by combining cooking oil, all-purpose flour, eggs and salt in a bowl.
2. Put water one cup at a time and mix until smooth and free of lumps.
3. Pass through a strainer.
4. Heat and grease a nonstick skillet.
5. Pour about 1/2 cup of batter, tilting pan from side to side to coat bottom evenly.
6. Repeat process with remaining batter.
7. Stack each crepe on top of another with piece of wax paper in between to prevent sticking together.
8. Set aside and prepare filling.
To make filling:
1. Heat oil and saute garlic, onion, pork and shrimps.
2. Pour in shrimp juice and simmer until pork is tender.
3. Add carrots and ubod and simmer for about 10 minutes more.
4. Stir in cabbage and cook until crisp tender.
5. Drain in colander, collecting drippings to be used for sauce.
6. Let it cool.
To make garlic sauce:
1. Combine all ingredients except garlic.
2. Stir until smooth.
3. Simmer until thickened.
4. Remove from fire then stir in garlic.
To prepare lumpia:
1. Trim spring onions of topmost leaves.
2. Place a stalk on one side of each wrapper.
3. Scoo 2 tbsps of the filling.
4. Tuck in bottom edge and roll up with onion leaves showing on the other end.
5. Arrange on a platter and top with garlic sauce.
Makes 24 servings.