August 5, 2008
4 cups malagkit (sticky rice)
3 cups coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 tsp iodized salt
1. Toast malagkit until golden brown. Allow to cool, then pound or grind into powder form. Set aside 1/2 cup of the the powder.
2. Combine coconut milk, vanilla, and sugar in a pan or double broiler. Over low heat, cook and stir continuously until the mixture thickens. When the mixture becomes oily, remove the pan from heat.
3. Spread the mixture on a board sprinkled with flour. Use a 1/4 inch thick rolling pin to roll out the mixture.
4. Cut into strips using a greased knife or cutter.
6. Take the powder that was set aside earlier. Roll the sliced malagkit on it, then wrap each piece in wax paper.