July 11, 2008
Filipino Empanada Cooking Ingredients:
* 1 package ( 14 oz ) frozen puff pastry dough
* 3/4 lb. ground chuck or lean pork
* 1 medium potato, pare and diced
* 3/4 teaspoon of salt
* 1 small chopped onion
* 3 tablespoon of raisins ( this is optional )
* 2 tablespoon of diced red sweet pepper
* 1 clove of minced garlic
* 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
* 2 tablespoon of oil
Servings: 5 to 6
Filipino Empanada Cooking Instructions
1. Saute garlic and onion in hot oil and add meat and saute until meal is brown. Add potatoes, seasonings and red pepper and cook until potatoes are tender.
2. Remove from heat, drain excess fat, add raisins, and let cool.
3. Roll pasty to 1/8 inch thickness and cut into 4 inche squares
4. Take a piece of dough, wet edges with water, place a spoonful of filling on one side of dough, fold the other side over to form a triangle
5. Press edges with fork tines to seal.
6. Arrange turnovers on cookie sheet and let it rest for 30 minutes.
7. In the meantime, preheat oven to 400 degree F
8. Bake in preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes.