July 19, 2008
1 kilo ground (lean meat) pork
2 pieces chorizo, finely chopped
2/3 cup pickle relish
1 cup raisins
1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
1 medium-sized carrot, finely chopped
1 tsp ground black pepper
3 onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
8 eggs, boiled and sliced
1/4 kilo powdered milk
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions.
2. Form each portion into a log. Wrap each log in aluminum foil. Puncture foil with a pin in several places to prevent bursting while cooking.
3. Steam for 1 hour. Cool at room temperature before refrigerating. Serve with sauce.
4. To make sauce, combine ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
* Embutido becomes tastier when the meat has absorbed the flavor of the other ingredients, that’s why it’s best to serve it a day or two after cooking.