November 17, 2010
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
1/4 cup cashe nuts
1/4 cup hulled squash or watermelon seeds
1 1/2 cups uncooked kamote chips
1/4 cup dried dilis
1/4 cup dried shrimps
1 tbsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. panocha
1 tbsp. tamarind puree
1 tbsp. patis
1 tsp. chili-garlic paste
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. ginger powder
1 tsp chili flakes
1. Roast sesame seeds in pan until golden. Set aside.
2. Bake cashew nuts until golden. Set aside.
3. Bake watermelon or squash seeds. Set aside.
4. Deep-fry kamote chips, dilis and shrimps. Drain and leave on pan. You can use other kinds of crispy dried fish like danggit, palad or tinik if you do not like dilis.
5. Make the glaze: combine sugar and panocha in a pot. Cook over low heat until slightly caramelized. Add tamarind puree, patis, chili-garlic paste, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger powder and chili flakes. Simmer for a while, then remove from heat.
6. Mix peanuts sesame feeds, cashew nuts and watermelon or squash seeds with the chips, nuts and dried seafood in the pan. Pour glaze over the mixture and cool. Serve while crisp.