November 17, 2008
CUCHINTA TAHADA INGREDIENTS
1 cup glutinous rice (malagkit)
2 cups ordinary rice
3 cups cold water
1 cup boiling water
1 cup white sugar
2 tsps. Iye solution
yellow food coloring
CUCHINTA TAHADA PROCEDURE
1. Combine the malagkit and ordinary rice. Soak in water for 2 hours.
2. Drain the rice and add cold water, grind into a smooth paste.
3. Add boiling water to the mixture to thicken it.
4. Blend in the sugar and the Iye solution.
5. Divide the ground rice into two portions.
6. Place one portion in a moler lined with cheese cloth and steam.
7. Meanwhile, add yellow food color to the remaining portion. Pour this on top of the steamed.