December 24, 2009
The favorite sopas which can be enjoyed as soup or even as a filling breakfast. It is made rich and thick with the use of a basic roux.
CREAMY MACARONI CHICKEN SOUP INGREDIENTS:
1 tsp. oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, sliced
1 cup diced cooked chicken
8 cups chicken broth
1 cup macaroni noodles
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp. butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Chopped spring onions
CREAMY MACARONI CHICKEN SOUP PROCEDURES:
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan then saute the garlic, onions and cooked chicken.
2. Add the broth and boil for 2 minutes.
3. Add the macaroni noodles and cook until tender. Season to taste.
4. Make a roux with the butter and flour. Add enough roux to the soup to thicken it.
5. Boil once then serve hot topped with chopped spring onions.