September 10, 2012
Corned Beef Ingredients:
1 kl. beef (brisket, chuck or plate)
2 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. prague powder
1/2 cup water
1 tablet ascorbic acid (500 mg)
bowl with cover
Corned beef procedure:
1. Wash meat thoroughly. Slice into matchbox sizes. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix the following: salt, sugar, and prague powder. Add water and ascorbic acid. Stir until completely dissolved.
3. Add sliced meat.
4. Cover and store in a refrigerator for at least 2 days for curing.
5. Discard water. Place cured meat in pressure cooker and add 1/3 cup water and 3 pcs. peppercorn.
6. Cook for 25-30 minutes at least 15 psi.
7. Drain. Collect meat stock. Set aside.
8. Flake meat using fork. This is ready for immediate use.
1. Add 1 tsp. gelatine and 1 tsp. corned beef seasoning to the meat stock.
2. Simmer for 3 minutes with constant stirring.
3. Pack flaked meat in sterilized jar and fill with hot broth.
4. Remove air spaces and seal tightly.
Process for 30 minutes.