December 27, 2011
Chicken in Shrimp Paste Ingredients:
- 1 whole chicken (cut in single portion)
- 1 cup of bagoong alamang (Shrimp Paste)
- 1 head of garlic (minced)
- 2 big onions (sliced)
- 4 tomatoes (diced)
- Fish Sauce
- Cooking oil
- 4 chili peppers (minced) or according to taste
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
Chicken in Shrimp Paste Procedures:
1. In a casserole, put cooking oil and sauté garlic, onions, tomatoes and chillis. Add fish sauce and chicken.
2. When chicken is tender, add bagoong/shrimp paste and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the vinegar and stir well, add the sugar and let it simmer for few minutes until it’s cooked.