July 18, 2008
Chicken Galantina Ingredients
1 chicken, dressed and deboned
1 cup of Vienna sausage
1 1/4 cups of ham, ground
1 1/4 cups of pork, ground
4 eggs (2 raw, 2 boiled)
1/4 cup of flour
clotted chicken blood
1 carrot, sliced lengthwise
salt and pepper
parsely (for garnishing)
Chicken Galantina Procedures
1. Marinate chicken in calamansi juice and soy sauce.
2. In a blow, combine flour, ground ham, ground pork, sausage, and raw eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Fill the chicken with the meat mixture. Insert into the sides the clotted chicken blood, boiled eggs, and sliced carrtos.
4. Wrap the chicken in cheese cloth, making sure that the cloth is tightly tied.
5. Steam the chicken for 1 1/2 hours then set aside to cool. Tighten the wrapping further, if necessary.
6. Refrigerate the chicken for 24 hours.
7. To serve: unwrap the chicken, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices, put in a platter and garnish with parsely.