October 4, 2009
CHICKEN CURRY INGREDIENTS
1 k. chicken
1/2 head garlic, chopped
2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2” strips
2 thumb size ginger, cut into strips
2 small size potato, quartered
1 medium size onion, chopped
1 small size carrot, cut into wedges
2-3 stalk celery, sliced diagonally
1 c. coconut milk, kakang gata
3 c. coconut milk
3 tbsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. chilli powder
1/4 c. patis
1/4 c. cornstarch
salt and pepper
CHICKEN CURRY PROCEDURES
1. Cut chicken into serving pieces with the bones intact. Wash chicken thoroughly, drain.
2. In a sauce pan stir fry chicken for 3-5 minutes or until color turn to golden brown.
3. Remove from pan, set aside. In same sauce pan sauté garlic, onion and ginger add chicken, stir cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add in patis, curry powder and chilli powder stir cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour in 3 cups of coconut milk, simmer for 5-10 minutes.
6. Add in potatoes and carrots, simmer for 5-10 minutes or until chicken, potatoes and carrots are cooked and tender.
7. Add the 1 c. of coconut milk kakang gata and celery, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
8. Season with salt and pepper, thicken sauce with cornstarch dissolve in 1/2 c. of water, add bell pepper and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
9. Serve hot with a lot of rice.