September 19, 2009
8 tbsp cocoa powder (or about 4 pieces tableya)
1 cup glutinous rice (malagkit)
1/2 cup sugar
3 1/2 cups water
condensed milk (optional)
1. Pour 2 1/2 cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Put-in the glutinous rice and allow water to re-boil for a few minutes.
3. Dilute the cocoa powder in 1 cup warm water then pour-in the pot. Stir continuously.
4. Once the glutinous rice is cooked (about 12 to 18 minutes of cooking with constant stirring), add the sugar and cook for another 5 minutes or until the texture becomes thick.
5. Remove from the pot and place in a serving bowl.
6. Serve hot with a swirl of condensed milk on top.