October 22, 2009
CASSAVA CAKE INGREDIENTS:
1 cup grated fresh cassava
1/2 cup scraped buko
3 tablespoons melted shortening
4 tablespoons grated cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter
CASSAVA CAKE PROCEDURES:
- Beat eggs, sugar, melted shortening and coconut milk.
- Mix with cassava and young coconut.
- Add 2 tablespoons grated cheese and mix well.
- Line a round pan with banana leaves and pour in the mixture.
- Bake 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When almost done, brush with butter, sprinkle the top with a little sugar, and the remaining cheese.
- Continue baking until golden brown.