March 3, 2010
3/4 kilo squid
1 cup flour
salt, pepper, and MSG to taste
1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions
3/4 cup oil
1 egg, beaten
4-5 tablespooons orange marmalade
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1. Slice squid into rings then dry with paper towels.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, chili powder, salt, pepper, MSG, and spring onions. Mix well.
3. Heat oil for frying.
4. Dip squid rings individually in beaten egg then coat with the flour mixture.
5. Fry in the hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
6. combine the ingredients for the sauce.
7. Serve calamares with the sauce on the side.