March 9, 2010
Buttered Tahong or Halaan Ingredients:
1 kilo tahong (mussels) or halaan (clams)
1 thumb-size, ginger, minced
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup finely chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped parsley or spring onions
salt and pepper
Buttered Tahong or Halaan Procedures:
1. Place the tahong/halaan and ginger in a pan with enough water to cook them. Cook for 30 minutes then drain.
2. Separate the shells and discard the empty halves. Leave the meat attached to the other half. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic, and chopped parsley. Season with some salt and pepper.
4. Place a teaspoon of the mixture over each mussel meat.
5. Arrange the shells on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Before serving, top with more chopped parsley or spring onions.