September 26, 2008
3 pcs. bulalo (ox knee cap)
2 tbsp. peppercorn
salt to taste
3 onions, quartered
3 potatoes, quartered
1 kilo Baguio beans, slice each bean in two
1 head cabbage, quartered
4 pcs. banana (saba variety)
2 pcs. corn on the cob, cut into several pieces
1 bundle pechay
1. Boil the bulalo in water for several hours until the meat is tender and the broth fragrant.
2. Add pepper, salt and onion. Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
3. Add the potatoes and the Baguio beans.
4. When the vegetables are crisp tender, add the cabbage.
5. Serve with fish sauce and bird’s eye chili (siling labuyo) dip. Serve hot.