September 26, 2008
3 eggs, separated and beaten
2 tsps. sugar
1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
1 cup flour, sifted
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Beat the eggswhites. Gradually add the sugar until it becomes stiff but not dry.
2. Beat the egg yolks, 1 cup of the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla. Beat until thick.
3. Fold the eggyolks mixture with eggwhite mixture.
4. Gradually add the flour.
5. On a prepared cookie sheet. Drop a spoonful of batter and form into a finger shapes. Repeat until all the batter is used.
6. Bake in an oven at 350°F for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Drizzle with remaining confectioner’s sugar.
Note: If you want a crispy-dry broas, bake it a second time at a lower temperature.