May 6, 2010
2 kls. glutinous rice (malagkit)
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
2 pcs. chorizo de bibao, sliced
1 chicken liver, sliced
1/2 k. carrots, sliced
1 red bell pepper, slice into cubes
1 green bell pepper, slice into cubes
1 thumb-size yellow ginger, crushed
10 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup raisins
4 tbsps. patis or fish sauce
1 tbsp. salt
3pcs. laurel leaf
1 head garlic
3 onions, roughly chopped
3 tbsps. margarine
1. Heat the margarine in a pan and saute the garlic and onions.
2. Add the chicken and season with patis.
3. Add the liver, chorizo and crushed ginger. Allow to boil for 4 minutes.
4. Pour in the coconut milk and stir. Allow to boil for 5 more minutes.
5. Add the malagkit rice and stir a little to mix. Allow to boil in medium heat until liquid lessens.
6. Add the bell peppers, carrots, raisins and laurel leaf; stir.
7. Transfer the resulting mixture in a wok lined with banana leaves. Cover and allow to simmer for at least an hour until cooked.