June 6, 2009
Binignit Recipe Ingredients
1 pc white gabi (substitute cassava if available), cubed
1/2 cup sugar
2 pcs yellow camote (sweet potatoes), cubed
1/2 tsp salt
1 pc ubi (no substitute), cubed
4 tbsps landang or tapioca
4 pcs ripe cardaba (or semi-ripe plantain), sliced
2 cups coconut milk
1 cup coconut milk, diluted with water
Binignit Recipe Procedures
- Cook gabi, camote, ubi, and cardabang saging (or plantain bananas) in diluted coconut milk.
- Add sugar, salt, and landang (or tapioca).
- Simmer until all ingredients are tender and mixture is thick.
- Add 2 cups coconut milk. Cook in medium heat.
- Do not boil or liquid will curdle. Adjust amount of coconut milk to your available ingredients.
- Serve hot.