September 20, 2010
30 ears sweet corn, grated
3 cans evaporated milk
1 stick (or block) of butter (or margarine if desired)
1 1/2 tbsps. baking powder
1 pack cheddar cheese
1/2 kilo white sugar
corn husk or skin
1. Place the grated coconut in a bowl.
2. Add the evaporated milk, butter, baking powder, cheddar cheese and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
3. Place portions of the mixture in the coconut husk.
4. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes or until set.
5. Alternatively, you can steam the mixture first until set and wrap them in corn husks prior to serving.