March 3, 2010
Beef Caldereta Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons chopped garlic
6 tablespoons chopped onions
1 kilo beef spareribs, chopped
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon whole peppercorns
2 cups water
2 potatoes, cubed
1 carrot, cubed
1/2 teaspoons chopped red bell pepper
1 cup green peas
2 tablespoons chopped pickles
2 jumbo hotdogs, chopped
1/2 cup olives
1 cup liver spread
2 cups tomato sauce
1 tablespoon peanut butter
salt to taste
Beef Caldereta Procedures:
1. Heat the butter in a pan then saute garlic, onions,and the beef over medium heat.
2. Season with some salt, Worcestershire sauce, and peppercorns. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add water and cook until spareribs are tender.
4. Add the potatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add carrots, siling labuyo, red bell pepper, peas, pickles, hotdogs, and olives. Mix well and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Blend in the liver spread, tomato sauce, and peanut butter. Season to taste. Simmer until heated through.