September 6, 2011
Batchoy bisaya ingredients:
1 cup cooked clam meat
1 cup raw shrimps, shelled and sliced in back
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
1 cup cooked meat, sliced into 1 1/2 inch (optional)
1 cup cow’s liver, sliced
1 kilo fresh miki (round egg noodles)
6 segments garlic, crushed
1 onion, sliced
1/5 cup shortening
1 tbsp. minced garlic
finely minced green onions
powdered white pepper to taste
1 cup shrimp juice
Batchoy bisaya procedures:
1. Chop the shrimp peeling. Put water and strain to make 1 cup shrimp juice. Set aside.
2. Saute garlic and onions in shortening.
3. Add all ingredients except the noodles, broth and green onions.
4. Add shrimp juice.
5. Add about 2 cups of the chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
6. Meanwhile, put the noodles in a wicker colander and dip several times in boiling chicken broth and meat stock, until noodles are cooked just right, but not too soft.