September 30, 2010
Baka Tula-sog Ingredients:
1/2 kilo beef (sirloin), cube
3/4 cup vinegar
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
1 head garlic, minced
2 small onions, chopped
1 thumb-size yellow ginger (tumeric or luyang dilaw)
4 tbsps. bagoong alamang (shrimp paste)
2 tbsps. cocoa powder (tableya or local chocolate)
2 tsps. curry powder
1 small bay leaf
salt to taste
pepper to taste
chili powder to taste
8 pcs. finger pepper
fresh pineapple slices, for siding
Baka Tula-sog Procedures:
1. Heat oil and toast the garlic; set aside.
2. Using the same oil, saute the bagoong.
3. Add the beef cubes and stir-fry.
4. Add all the other ingredients except the finger pepper. Allow to simmer.
5. Pour in some stock if the mixture becomes a bit dry. Allow to simmer some more to thicken the sauce.
6. Add the finger pepper and the toasted garlic.
7. Serve hot with a siding of fresh pineapple slices.