January 13, 2010
1 kg. pork belly
2 tbp. salt
3 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. prague powder
8 drops smoke flavor
bowl with cover
1. Mix salt, sugar and prague powder, then apply on the trimmed bacon (pork belly).
2. Pack the slabs with the skin side down on an enameled/plastic bowl. Cover.
3. Store in the refrigerator for4-7 days. At the end of the curing period, pull the slabs-out, drain and smoke from 2-3 hours. (optional)
4. Wash briefly and store in the freeze until ready for use.
5. Slice thinly before cooking and fry in its own lard.