June 8, 2010
.4 tbsps cooking oil
2 tbsps garlic, crushed
4 tbsps onion, sliced
6 cups kangkong stems, cut into 3″ long
1/2 cup tomatoes, sliced
1 cup vinegar
1 1/2 cups water
6 tbsps bagoong alamang
1. Mix vinegar and water and heat in a saucepan.
2. As soon as mixture boils, add kangkong stems.
3. Cook for 15 minutes over high heat until all liquid is absorbed.
4. Transfer kangkong to another container and set aside.
5. In the same pan, saute garlic, onions, tomatoes ang bagoong alamang.
6. Add the cooked kangkong and mix well.
7. Remove from the stove and sever as relish or appetizer.
Makes 6 servings.