September 30, 2010
Afritadang Kabaw Ingredients:
1kilo carabao meat (kabaw), cubed
salt to taste
pepper to taste
flour, for dregding
1 head garlic, crushed
2 small onions, chopped
3 small tomatoes, chopped
1 small can tomato paste (or 2 small cans tomato sauce)
2 cups water
1 small bay leaf
several oregano leaves
1 red bell pepper, sliced into squares
1 green bell pepper, sliced into squares
5 small potatoes, sliced into wedges
flour for thickening
1 small can green peas
Afritadang Kabaw Procedures:
1. Combine salt, pepper and flour.
2. Dredge the carabao meat cubes in the above mixture.
3. Heat oil in a pan and quickly fry the carabao meat cubes. Set aside.
4. Heat oil in another pan. Saute the garlic, onions, tomatoes and tomato paste. Add water and allow to boil.
5. Add the browned carabao meat, followed by the bay leaf, oregano and bell peppers. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes or more, since carabao meat may be tougher than beef.
6. Add the potato wedges.
7. Add some flour to thicken the sauce.
8. Add the green peas last and cook for 4 minutes more.