September 23, 2009
2 tbsp oil
3 cloves garlic chopped
2 pieces medium onion sliced
2 pieces bay leaf (laurel)
½ kilo atay ng manok (Chicken liver)
½ kilo balunbalunan (Chicken Gizzard)
1 tsp whole peppercorn
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup vinegar
1. Heat casserole, add the oil and sauté onion until translucent before adding the garlic stir until golden brown.
2. Add the balunbalunan first stir in a few minutes after add the atay ng manok.
3. Put bay leaf, peppercorn, soy sauce and vinegar. Cover the casserole. Let it boil.
Note: Do not stir until not boiling because if the vinegar is not yet cooked it become sour.
4. Put in simmering until the atay and balunbalunan are cooked.
5. It depends on you if you like less sauce simmers more time.
6. Served hot.