Grilled banana skewers or what we call ginangang or sinugbang saging in local Filipino word. These are grilled saging saba which are placed on a stick. They are cooked under burning charcoal and afterward, coated with butter and showered with sugar. They are best eaten while still warm to taste the sumptuous melting of the butter.
July 27, 2013
2 medium sized ampalaya
2 pcs. Medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
1 regular sized onion, sliced
Salt to taste
1 tsp Sugar
¼ cup Cane Vinegar
1. Put water and sprinkle with salt in a crystal/plastic bowl.
2. Wash Ampalaya and remove seeds.
3. Sliced thinly and soak in water with salt.
4. In a bowl, dissolve sugar in cane vinegar.
5. Drain Ampalaya. Sprinkle with salt. Using a wooden or plastic ladle, add in all ingredients and mix well.
Bread flour (50 kg)
Water (27.5 kg)
Refined sugar (9 kg)
Vegetable shortening (2.5 kg)
Salt (0.86 kg)
Instant yeast (0.38 kg)
1. Preheat oven at 175°C (350°F)
2. Mix all ingredients.
3. Knead the dough, place in bowl, cover with damp cheesecloth and leave for two hours.
4. Punch dough to remove air.
5. Divide the dough into 16 equal portions (about 550 grams per piece).
Water Dough Crust:
3 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
¼ cup Pork lard, refrigerated
½ cup water
1 tsp food color either red or yellow
3 cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup White Sugar
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
3/4 cup Water
1/2 Cup Margarine, non-hydrogenated
I T Vanilla
golden yellow food color
1 8-ounce package dried yellow mung beans (canned red or black beans can be substituted)
1/2 cup sugar, more or less, to taste
1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
4 cups freshly grated coconut
2 cups of warm water
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the grated coconut with warm water. Extract the coconut juice using a cheesecloth. Repeat 2x.
2. Bring the coconut mixture to a boil and cook until mixture is dry, about 20-30 minutes.
3. The water will evaporates and what is left is the coconut oil and coconut milk curd.